At Whitgreave Primary School, the pupils are encouraged to make healthy choices when eating at school by providing them with the correct foods.
The aims are:
- To promote a whole school approach to a healthy lifestyle.
- To encourage pupils and staff to make informed decisions on a healthy lifestyle based on positive attitudes and information.
Breakfast Club offers:
- Apple juice and orange juice.
- Fresh fruit.
- Milk shake.
Tuck Shop Offers:
- Fresh fruit (apples, oranges, melon, grapes kiwi, pears and seasonal fruits).
- Malt loaf.
- Water, orange and apple juice.
School lunches are designed to meet the Education (Nutritional Standards and Requirements for School Food) (England) Regulations 2007. They provide a rich and diverse array of foods which cater for all preference. Each meal has been carefully designed to contain all elements of nutrition need by growing children.