Hot meals are available at school at the cost of £2.20 per meal and the money must be paid on Mondays in advance for the week. Dinner money should be sent to school in an envelope with your child’s name and class clearly written on it.
If you receive any of the following you may be entitled to free school meals:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
To apply for free school meals please contact your child’s school. You will need to supply your full name, date of birth and National Insurance or National Asylum Support Service (NASS) reference number.
If you haven’t already supplied this information to your child’s school, you can download an application form and return it to your child’s school.
If you are unable to supply this information to your child’s school, you can submit your details online using our Free School Meals Application form, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the Free School Meals enquiry line on 01902 554128.
If you are on a low income you can apply via the school for ‘Flexible Charging’ which enables children to be entitled to school meals at a reduced amount of £1.20 per meal.
If your child brings a packed lunch, please ensure that the lunchbox or container is clearly marked with your child’s name and class.
As part of our pledge to be healthy, children are asked to drink water or sugar free drinks with their dinner. High sugar drinks are not allowed in school. The school follows the guidance of the Children’s Food Trust regarding drinks in school. A copy is available on their website at: www.childrensfoodtrust.org.uk.